From Munich, Germany
- Take Autobahn 95 towards Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
- The Autobahn will end and turn into Highway 2 through Oberau.
- Follow signs to Garmisch-Partenkirchen through the Farchant tunnel.
- Take Highway 23 to the right in the direction of Garmisch, Grainau, Fernpass, Reutte. Look for the American Flag / Edelweiss Resort sign to guide you through town.
- Stay on the priority road through all traffic lights. Direction Fernpass, Reutte. Follow the American Flag / Edelweiss Resort sign through town.
- Continue straight. You'll pass an ESSO Station on your right and a traffic light.
- At the next light, turn left onto Gernackerstr. Follow the American Flag / Edelweiss Resort sign guiding you to the left.
- Pass the first entrance (George C. Marshall Center) on the right. The Edelweiss Lodge and Resort will be the next entrance 100m on your right.
From Innsbruck, Austria
- Highway 2 direction Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
- Pass the Shell gas station on the right. Go to the second traffic light and turn left, this is Bahnhofstr. Follow the American Flag / Edelweiss Resort sign directing you le
- Continue on the priority road under the train track overpass and through town.
- At the end of the road turn right and the entrance is on the immediate left. (Vacation Village guests continue straight pass the Edelweiss Resort entrance on Gernackerstrasse.)
- ake a left at the light and then a right at the next light. The entrance is over the bridge on the left.
From Fernpass, Austria
- Take a right on the third light in Garmisch. Follow the American Flag / Edelweiss Resort sign.
- Pass the first military entrance on the right (George C. Marshall Center), Edelweiss Lodge and Resort is the second entrance on the right 100m further down.
Vacation Village Guests
Entering Garmisch on Zugspitzstrasse take a left on the second light. Cross the bridge the entrance is on the left.
From Munich Airport via Train
As you exit the baggage claim area in the airport, you will need to look for a sign with a solid green circle with a white "S" in it. This is the sign directing you to the S-Bahn (subway). The sign will lead you to the station in the airport that is located in Terminal C. Continue to follow the signs until you reach the Deutsch Bahn (DB) train counter to obtain a ticket to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The train counter will be able to print up an itinerary which tells you which train to catch, where and when it leaves. You will board the subway downstairs. After 40 minutes on the train pay attention to a changeover at Pasing. Exit the train. The connection time can sometimes be very tight. If it is a tight connection, make sure to ask the counter the track number (gleis) for your train to Garmisch. Once you have made the switch in Pasing (or another stop as specified by the itinerary), you can sit and enjoy the scenery, as you have a one hour and 15 minute ride ahead of you. The train will stop directly in Garmisch. For more information regarding train schedules please visit: www.bahn.de. Taxis are located in front of the train station and should cost you 8-10 Euro to any of the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort facilities in Garmisch.
*Please Note: Construction work at the major line between Pasing and Ostbahnhof from March 10th to June 30th 2014*
Due to the barrier-free extension of the S-Bahn station Donnersbergerbrücke there will be annoyance in the traffic circulation on the major line between Pasing and Ostbahnhof from Monday, March 10th, approx. 22:15 to Monday, June 30th, approx. 4:45. All schedule changes are included in the timetable information at www.bahn.de